Monday, July 24, 2006

Gloria Jean's Glorietta 3: A Haven for Insomniacs Part 3

Day 3: Criminal Procedure Exam again

Last week's scheduled exam was postponed due to the typhoon that hit the Metro, and was moved to the following Thursday. It's now the night before the big exam, and here I am again in my favorite place to study hitting the books.


Allan, Cleo, Dandee, and Sj were here with me a while ago, but left around midnight. I decided to stay to finish up reading, and waited since Sam and Jojo said they'd follow. Yet again, the cafe is almost empty except for me, and I'm enjoying this peace and quiet.




I felt my sweet tooth nagging me, so I gave in and ordered a slice of dulce de leche cheesecake and an Americano. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the cheesecake was just glorious and heavenly. The cheesecake was rich and creamy, and the topping was nice and sweet. On first look, you'd might think that you got gypped, since you paid around 120 bucks for a small slice. But its actually a tightly packed cake full of creamy goodness. You can't really eat too much of it as it's so good.


By rough translation, dulce de leche means milk candy, and refers to the custard-like topping on top of the cheesecake itself. I forgot to mention earlier about the crust. Most other cheesecakes I've tried have crusts that aren't mixed well, meaning that you can taste the sugar granules in the graham cracker ground. Other times, although refrigerated, the crust is hard, dry and crumbly, which is a shame if the cake is smooth and creamy. This is definitely one cheesecake I'd recommend for you hardcore cheesecake fans or for anyone just craving a creamy cake.

Jojo, Sam and Reyan came in around 2 a.m., and we stayed and finished studying till 4 a.m. One thing that's good about studying at this schedule it that traffic is so light at this time, I could get home in Paranaque in 15 minutes. Jojo, who lives in Cavite, said once that he made it home in only 30 minutes. And so ends this series on Gloria Jean's Glorietta 3, at least for the moment. To everyone, enjoy life and have a great week ahead! GOD bless! :)

No comments: