Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Starbucks Libis: Convenient and Homey


Chelley and I went with a few friends to a bar in Ortigas, and for a nightcap decided to stop by Starbucks in Libis. I always had a preference for this particular location. The convenience of location, free parking, good atmosphere and friendly staff are the qualities that bring this branch to one of my top Starbucks in the Metro.

I find the location very ideal, since it’s along C-5 going northbound. It’s in a compound slightly far from Eastwood City, so the noise and traffic are left a good distance away. The very limited parking spaces fronting the branch can become a bit of a hassle but a good alternative is in the area behind the compound. Best of all, parking is free!

This branch is particularly roomy. There are a good number of tables both outside and inside the café. Additionally, there are a few couches and a bar table as well. This would definitely be an ideal location for some business meetings and chat sessions. I have studied here quite a number of occasions, and have only a few gripes. First, laptop users will have trouble plugging in, since only around two to three electrical outlets are available and working. Second, although not necessarily a gripe, this branch is consistent in having a very cold atmosphere, so bring a sweater or jacket. I had to learn this the hard way, warming my hands on my laptop exhaust fan and making occasional trips outside to defrost myself.

Otherwise, this is a very ideal location. It can become full at times and finding a table can be a challenge. But if you plan on staying long, this is a good place to hang out in, study, read a book or just kill time.

I had a Grande Coffee Jelly Frappuccino Lite in my Starbucks Traveler Mug. I find it to be very convenient, and whenever I order Starbucks drinks, I get a 5 peso discount for using the mug. I guess it’s their way of passing on the savings of not using a paper cup to the consumer, as well as promoting environmental conservation.

This really is one of the good branches to spend time in, so if you are thinking of where in the Libis area you can set a business meeting, study session or bonding session with friends, this is the perfect place.

No comments: